Position: Licensed Mortgage Broker
Start Date: August – September, 2010 (Flexible)
Position Duration: Full-Time Permanent
Hours: Monday-Friday, 9-5
Position Structure: Employee
Compensation: Salary Plus Commission and Bonuses
Expected Earnings: $60,000-$120,000 based on performance
First Foundation, a leading independent mortgage brokerage based in Edmonton, Alberta, is seeking a great person to join our team.
Specifically, we are hiring one person to join our rapidly growing company in the position of a “Licensed Mortgage Broker”.
As a Licensed Mortgage Broker you will be involved in one of the most exciting times in our customers’ lives – the purchase of a home. You will also be responsible for arranging the largest financial transaction most of them will ever experience, and you will be in a position to assist people who need help reorganizing their finances. You will also be part of a team that is committed to saving people time, money, and grief.
We’re looking for just the right person to join our team. Because our team places a high priority on working well together as a group, we want nice people that we get along with. We want to work with people who enjoy life, have a pleasant demeanor, and a smile on their face.
This position is best suited to people who are:
- Honest and ethical
- Able to work at a quick pace under pressure
- Detail oriented and organized
- Flexible and adaptable
- Calm and collected
- Of a helpful nature
If you are a grumpy person, don’t like people, can’t meet deadlines, are kind of shady, make lots of mistakes or are stuck in your ways, you’re not a good fit here at First Foundation.
Skills and Experience Required
- Excellent communication skills – both written, listening and spoken
- Professional grammar and spelling are a must. Credit will be given to second language skills.
- Strong typing skills are a must
- Some sales ability is a requirement. Not “pushy” sales, but the ability to help someone make a decision
- Functional computer skills are a must – the ability to use our systems which are primarily web-based is key. Other computer skills like Word / Excel, Adobe PDF, database and other skill are an asset
- Office experience is an asset.
- Banking or insurance industry experience is a definite asset.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have completed and passed the provincial Mortgage Broker’s Program
- Preference will be given to candidates with other professional designations, like a Life Insurance license, CFP, etc.
- Preference will be given to candidates with lending or credit experience, such as mortgages, vehicle financing, leasing, etc.
- Preference will be given to candidates with suitable post-secondary education
Standard Benefits All Employees Enjoy
- A fully equipped, professional office environment
- A laptop and two computer screens to enhance your productivity
- Ongoing sales, networking and mortgage training and education
- Proven systems to manage your success
- Free long distance calling
- Free email / webmail, and technology set up and expenses
- We pay for the licensing and industry memberships
- A well respected brand of which you can be proud
- A dominant online presence in our chosen markets
- Processing fees, like credit reports and title searches
- Membership in the Axiom national network of independent mortgage brokerages
- Access to a large network of lending partners
- Licenses paid-for by First Foundation
- Paid industry membership in CAAMP and AMBA
- Errors and Omissions insurance paid for
- Payroll and income tax deductions and remittance
- As many business cards as you need
- A competitive employee benefits plan offering health and dental coverage (after probation)
- A central office location in the trendy Old Strathcona district making it easy to get to from all over Edmonton and area not to mention fun!
- A great team of people to work with and learn from
How to Apply
Deadline: July 23, 2010
Please submit a resume, covering letter, professional references and transcripts (if applicable) to:
No Phone Calls Please