We have a lot of fun talking about personal finance in Canada and when we can past technical difficulties, we actually make some great points. Here is a quick summary of what we discussed this week.
Summary of Topics
- Most consumers believe they are financially responsible while at the same time believe that everyone else isn't. How do you address this paradox?
- Is it a good idea to accelerate payments on no interest loans to pay them off quickly or invest in something like a TFSA?
- Thumbs are for hitchhiking - does a one sized fits all approach work in Canadian personal finance.
- We highlighted some awesome quotes in the article "Stupid Things Finance People Say"
- The idea that every Canadian would be better served by receiving a regular paycheck instead of social programs like CPP and OAS.
- We also talked a little bit about CPP reform.
Here is a complete list of episodes