The Canadian Mortgage Hangout is pretty much the most excitement the Canadian Mortgage Industry has in one place at one time - airing live every Thursday at 10am PST/1pm EST. By watching the hangout online at canadianmortgagehangout.tv and tweeting at the #cmhTV hashtag brokers across Canada discuss everything relevant to the mortgage broker channel. Our latest installment is below, enjoy it, watch it twice and share it with everyone you know. I am serious. Please do that.
- Rob Campbell - "Arts & Culture Correspondent" @therobcampbell
- Gord McCallum - "After a year on #cmhTV with Scott, still has no idea where he lives" @gordmccallum
- Jackson Middleton - "Hip Hop, Tick Tack Tician" @kiltedbroker
- Scott Dawson - "He lives in Surrey BC Gord, Surrey BC" @sdd
Here are the major discussion points for this weeks episode, although we spend most of the time talking about RBC and their outsourcing nightmare.
- RBC replaces Canadian workers with temp positions - is this cool?
- Scotia Bank gives Minister Flaherty an ear full
- "Rate my REALTOR" is this a good idea?
- RBC mortgage specialists potentially offside with regulators
- Rob takes a shot at the PM - I go bat crap crazy on him
- Will the 5 yr term qualifying rate be set at benchmark anytime soon?
- "I like the romance of the touch of money" #quote The Rob Campbell
- Scott gives about a 20 second local CMHC market update!
I have the privilege of appearing twice a week on local Regina Radio Station CJME.com. The segment is called the Roundtable and discussion takes place around the top news stories of the day! Today we discussed bullying and the RBC Outsourcing debacle. Thought I would include it for you to have a listen as it is on topic with what we discussed in the mortgage hangout. Enjoy!
Here is a link to the RBC Apology Letter - seems to me like this is more of a "sorry we got caught" than a "sorry we outsourced some jobs".
What are your thoughts on the RBC outsourcing debacle, do you believe their apology is sincere, leave your comments below!